What I learned this week:
* Compression socks are a bitch to get on.
* Blooming mountain laurels signal springtime in South Texas. It’s a bonus they smell like Grape Kool-Aid.
* The foam roller and I will always be BFFs.
* Signing up for a mud run at my age is nightmare-inducing. Literally.
* I am not faster than the young girl who blew by me, but trying to outrun her gave me a fast time on that loop.
* Realization that I am be older than I think: When said girl asked how long I’d been running, I answered, “Since I was 10.” Her bugged-out eyes = HOW THE HELL OLD ARE YOU?!
* A wolf whistle is always welcome. Even more so when I’m drenched in sweat and hocking out loogies in the street.
* Compression socks are a bitch to take off.
Here’s an old video about mah socks:
Got anything to add?